Adventures in cooking sustainably, healthfully, and locally

Until Dave puts the kybosh on it anyway.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Newest Blog from the Proprietors of Chateau del Mulsoff

We are pleased to announce the launch of our sister blog dedicated to our cute little trendy attempt to eat well and local.

Inspired by my (Lori) sister Amy's lifestyle and fueled by my insatiable appetite (heh, pun) for books on the subject of eating, I thought I'd share some of the trials and tribulations of this little adventure.

Why? Because it seriously doesn't seem to take all that much effort, really, especially when I love to cook, am getting a kick out of growing my own food, and it seems like a simple way to get closer to Momma Earth.

Also, when we really look at our grocery bill, I have to admit: Chateau del Mulsoff cannot guarantee knowledge of where 95% of our food comes from (unless "from the grocery store" suffices inquiring minds).

As someone who thoroughly enjoys the awesomeness of the modern lifestyle, I'm not out to chuck my beloved computer nor force our dogs into veganism. But if my little experiment can up the nutritional value of some of our meals, decrease the good ol' U.S.'s dependence on oil just a schmidge, and inspire other suspicious palates into trying something Lori Tested, Dave approved...

Well then. I think it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment